Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Highlights of Northern Ireland

Happy Fourth of July everyone!  Mom and I went to the coast for the holiday- the Irish coast that is! J Mom and I enjoyed lunch in the lovely Northern Irish coastal town of Ballycastle.
Today’s big sight was the Giant’s Causeway, something very exciting for me, as it’s something I’ve wanted to see for years! The sight did not disappoint- it was just as magnificent and impressive as I hoped it would be!


We then made our way to the city of Derry/Londonderry, where we picked up a local guide for a bus and walking tour. Like Belfast, the city played a major role during the Troubles during the 1970s, and our guide Ronan did a very good job in illustrating that conflict. We also had the opportunity to walk along the city’s walls which date back to the 1600s!
Our guide, Ronan



We ended the day with a nice dinner with the group, although we’re a little tired of meat and potatoes! ;) We hope that everyone has a great holiday, and enjoy the fireworks for us!

2 comments:

  1. Giant's Causeway looks so cool! I'm glad you are having so much fun and can't wait to hear it all! We will enjoy the fireworks! Our plan is to watch them in Cayucos! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fyi, if you want a firework I "gave" one to you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete